Monday 2 July 2012

Tu Tu Kueh (嘟嘟糕)

I was walking home past Bendemeer market sometime last week and I chanced upon a stall selling Tu Tu Kueh! I was quite excited because it's been some time since I've seen them.. they used to be more common when I was younger.. but somehow it's not as popular now..


so I decided to buy a box of 5 for SDG$2. I think it's super cheap!! Although my dad would say that it's expensive because they used to sell 5 for $1..



I choose all of them with coconut filling.. hmmm.. pop one in your mouth and you can taste an explosion of sweet coconut flavour. What's great about this coconut filling is that it's not very sweet as they did not use white sugar but Gula Melaka (Palm sugar), which adds an extra depth to this dish.


After finishing my last tu tu kueh, I decided that I'm not satisfied and went to google how to make them.. found a recipe online from http://ellenaguan.blogspot.sg/2012/06/kueh-tutu-aka.html that I'm going to try when I have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment